Saturday, May 13, 2006

Gifts (Mother's day)

Pumpkin and Sweet Peanut,

Thank you for giving me the wonderful gift of being a mother. As my gift to you, I promise to always cherish the love and joy you bring into my life, to make sure you know through examples and words how much I love and respect you and to hold steadfast to the understanding that being a mother also comes with sacrifice and putting your needs and concerns first. I promise to teach you tools for dealing with life's endeavors, to help cultivate the person who you will become but to allow you make your own decisions and choices. I promise to let you go when you are ready to go down your own path in life and hold tightly only in spirit or when you ask for a helping hand. As a mother, these are the greatest gifts I can give you.

(By the way, I've always thought there should be a "Child's Day" where we should honor the children. This is as close as it gets, I guess). And as a mom of twins, I promise you get twice as much love, not half as much!

P.S. Thank you for the sweet kisses and hugs for mother's day (and every other day). I can't wait to get all of those wonderful things like homade mother's day cards in about 5 years! Being your mom is the best!